Griffin & Strong, P.C. (GSPC) is an Atlanta, Georgia-based professional corporation that focuses on law and public policy consulting. The firm was organized in 1992, incorporated in June, 1996, and has been in business continuously since that time—over twenty five years.
Griffin & Strong, P.C. has methodically built its experience and reputation in the area of public policy consulting and has conducted disparity studies, drafted program legislation and engaged in M/WDBE program development nationwide. GSPC is unique in that it is a law firm with a public policy consulting division whose sole focus is disparity research and M/W/DBE program analysis and consulting. We are suited to analyze and respond to the current legal climate which confronts governmental efforts to promote racial equity, to ensure that all citizens are given an equal opportunity to compete in the area of public contracting.
Below are a few jurisdictions GSPC has performed disparity studies for:
- City of Atlanta, Georgia
- City of Cincinnati, Ohio
- City of Columbus, Ohio
- City of Durham, North Carolina
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- City of Phoenix, Arizona
- City of St. Louis, Missouri
- City of Tacoma, Washington
- Clark County, Nevada
- Dekalb County, Georgia
- Fulton County-City of Atlanta Landbank Authority
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia Lottery
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Houston Metropolitan Transit
- Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
- New Orleans (LA) Aviation Board
- Newark, New Jersey Consortium
- State of Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- State of Tennessee
GSPC has also engaged in the following public policy and supplier diversity consulting arrangements
- Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games (ACOG)
- The New World of Coca Cola
- FedEx Forum (Memphis)
- Mercedes Benz Stadium (Atlanta)
- State Farm Arena (Atlanta)
- Living Cities – City Accelerator 4 (Cohort Lead)
- Consulted with the following cities:
- City of Charlotte, North Carolina
- City of Chicago, Illinois
- City of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- City of Los Angeles, California
- City of Memphis, Tennessee
- Consulted with the following cities:
GSPC presents the most experienced and qualified team in the industry with each team member holding significant experience in disparity study consulting and program development.
Rodney K. Strong, Esq. CEO, - Project Executive
- Former Director of Contract Compliance for the City of Atlanta, GA
- Nationally recognized expert in area of disparity research & supplier diversity program development.
- Project Manager for the first major post-Croson disparity study
- Principal architect of the City of Atlanta’s EBO Program, which became the national model for post-Croson MBE programs
- Invited to testify before the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Michele Clark Jenkins. Sr. Director, Consulting Group - Project Manager
- Sr. Director of GSPC Consulting Division
- Experienced legal researcher, writer, and business consultant. Has particular expertise in contracts and business structure.
- Certified in Project Management & expertise in database management with 25 years in corporate business management and strategic planning
- Project manager on 15 GSPC studies, 4 goal- settings for Georgia DOT, 3 goal-settings for Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Inter’l Airport, and 3 benchmarks for Metro Nashville Government
- Graduate of Princeton University and NY Law School
- Certificate in Negotiations from Harvard University
Dr. J. Vincent Eagan – Policy Advisor
- Served on over 120 disparity studies since 1993
- Successful expert witness in six cases involving minority business programs.
- In two cases, Dr. Eagan’s testimony upheld disparity studies at the federal circuit court level, including Rowe v. Tippett, which governs disparity studies in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit where Greensboro is located.
- Has a J.D. from Harvard University, and a Ph.D and M.A. in Economics from Georgia State University.
Sterling J. Johnson, Consultant – Deputy Project Manager
- Currently serving as Project Manager for Living Cities Cohort on Procurement for Inclusive Economic Opportunity.
- Served as Deputy Project Manager on 5 disparity studies.
- Skilled in Social Sciences, Administration, Program Development, Planning, Data Analysis, and Quantitative and Qualitative Research. Has conducted written analysis of qualitative data and policy analysis.
- Holds B.A. in Sociology from Furman University and M.P.A. with focus in Economic Development and Planning from Georgia State University.
Imani Strong-Tucker, Consultant – Anecdotal Research Analyst
- Has worked with GSPC’s consulting division in data collection, project management, and anecdotal analysis on 10 major public contracts
- Responsible for review, revision and coordination of anecdotal evidence collection processes.
- Skilled in anecdotal analysis, planning, reporting, writing project narratives, and social media outreach
- Trained in the social sciences at Mount Holyoke College (BA, summa cum laude) and the University of Oxford (MSc. Social Anthropology). Current PhD. candidate at London School of Economics.
Dr. Gregory Price – Sr. Economist
- Professor, Economics, Morehouse College.
- Previously served as Chairman of the Department of Economics at Morehouse College and interim Dean of Business School at Langston University.
- Has both a PhD. And M.A. in Economics from the University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin.
- Skilled Econometrician and Applied Theorist. Experienced in Economic Forensics
- Over 15 years of experience in conducting economic analysis of discrimination and disparity of employment, private sector contracting, lending and public contracting.
David J. Maher, Esq – Legal Research Analyst
- Experienced Attorney and Partner with Griffin & Strong’s legal division. Provides general counsel and legal review.
- Litigation specialist with over 20 Years of Experience
- Extensive experience across a wide variety of practice areas, including corporate defense, litigation support, civil appeals and general counsel
- Drafted legal analysis for 6 disparity studies.
- Earned Juris Doctorate w/ High Honors from Florida State University College of Law
Dr. B. Rom Haghighi - Sr. Statistician
- Dr. Haghighi is a senior statistician with over thirty years of experience in managing and analyzing large databases.
- Ph.D. with a concentration in data mining, data modeling and statistical analysis, also holds an M.A., Public Administration and B.A., Political Science. Additional training in SPSS Programming, dBase IV, Mainframe Computers, SPSS Multivariate Programming.
- Former board member for SPSS
Susan G. Johnson, Project Administrator – Director of Corporate Communications and Human Resources
- Top notch contract compliance professional with extensive public and private sector experience.
- Significant history in public contracting with the City of Atlanta.
- Responsible for contract administration
- Holds two Master’s degrees from Georgia State University, in Human Resource Management and Urban Government Administration
Mario Gonzalez and Keith Hall, The Planning Studio
- Dynamic marketing professionals with experience in business-to-business, government sector, and community-oriented communications in both English and Spanish
- Skills working in a variety of challenging environments and cultural contexts, including Latin America, North America, and New Zealand.
- Founded TPSI LLC (dba The Planning Studio) to support both private-sector businesses and government agencies in their marketing and communications strategies
- Performed anecdotal interviews for the City of Tacoma Disparity Study
Henry Yates, Yates Consulting
- A Seattle-based certified DBE, MBE and Veteran-owned business, the firm’s core competencies include Public Involvement/Communications, Diversity and inclusion support and government relations. The firm has in-depth knowledge of federal DBE rules, extensive experience with government entities in Seattle.
- The firm offers outreach and public involvement capabilities to the general community and to ethnic and multi-cultural groups.
- Has provided similar services for WSDOT, the Port of Seattle and City of Seattle